my yellow teacup

my yellow teacup

Saturday, May 24, 2014

still smiling...













      I think I smiled all day today. It's so wonderful to wake up and realize that not only is it
    a weekend but a 3 day weekend! I stayed in bed and had my coffee, then breakfast 
    while I read blog posts and looked at shoes online. 
      When I got up I decided I would clean the house. If I'm in the mood for it then I think it's 
    fun. So I started in the bathroom. I started with the mirror, then noticed my toothbrush 
    holder was dusty....and I knew this wasn't gonna be just cleaning.  I moved things around,
    took things out and added things. So simply cleaning the bathroom turned into a 2 hour
    job! Not that I didn't enjoy it.....it's clean and pretty now. I added lace behind the curtains, 
    a basket for my husband's reading material, a bucket for extra toilet paper, and I simplified 
    the sink counter. I added some of my heart rocks on the windowsill to go with the hearts
    on the wall. It's fun to find new uses for things we already have, isn't it? 
  








No comments:

Post a Comment