my yellow teacup

my yellow teacup

Saturday, May 17, 2014

saturday morning











      I woke up early this morning so excited to finish this painting. I started it last Saturday but wasn't happy with it.  I had a wonderful bouquet in front of me that I had picked and I wanted to use them somewhere. We have daisy meadows all around us and they are beautiful!  I put paper over the offending parts, then started drawing, first with a pencil then with my Pitt pen. (The pen would wipe off and the pencil wouldn't.) I got it where I wanted it then mixed my paints and filled it all in. I wanted the girl to be simple which is hard for me but I'm getting better at it. I just try to get the hands positioned right then let them go. I added the bird then stenciled in some daisies and called it done. I kinda like this one...perfect for my blog header.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment