my yellow teacup

my yellow teacup

Friday, July 19, 2019

things i never thought i would do



 



 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
hello
 
i spent the morning outside today, after a week of it being way too humid to spend time out there. which has put me in a very good mood. it was still warm but a nice breeze was blowing keeping me cool.
the sun was warm on my bare feet and all was good with the world.
 
i think building Virginia's tiny house has something to do with my happiness too. because since i've started it i'm feeling very accomplished, like i've really done something important. i suppose it is important to me since i've wanted to build a dollhouse  forever and was just too scared to try. and i've found i can do it and it doesn't have to be perfect. i only have to please myself.
 
I've started the kitchen, finding inspiration on pinterest and a little drawing i made of my last kitchen. i made a pattern and washi taped it together to make sure the size was right. then i cut the pieces out of the back of my watercolor block, which is some good sturdy cardboard and glued it all together with tacky glue. next I cut popsicle sticks and glued them together for the countertop. i traced the sink hole onto the counter and cut it out with a box cutter (just like they do on hgtv lol) and put my sink in. which is an empty jelly packet. next i will be putting the drawers and cabinets on and painting it all. i'm either going to stain the countertop or paint it, i haven't decided yet. virginia loves it though.
 
the painting was done from a class my daughter is taking. i had to try it too and it turned out better than I expected. classes make you try things you may never have thought of doing before, like a dragon. I made the boy look like my grandson which made it even more fun. I did it using watercolor paper, tombow markers, prisma color pencils and gesso.
 
i'm on season 3 of outlander, but I have only watched a couple of episodes so far. I've got to get back to it soon.
 
drinking: way too much sweet tea
 
eating: everything i shouldn't
 
needing: serious self discipline
 
loving: Virginia's tiny house
 
hating: the tv nightly news
 
 
 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. I just pinned that darling kitchen! And as I was pinning, I got the notification that you are following me back on IG! How lovely to find a kindred spirit. I love your gorgeous artwork and your beautiful Virginia. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete