my yellow teacup

my yellow teacup

Monday, July 12, 2021

summer mornings


 








good morning

Summer isn't always my favorite season, with it's  heat and humidity.  Oh but the mornings šŸ’›šŸ’›šŸ’› spent outside with a good cup of coffee are the best! Sitting with the birds and the clouds and the peace, sigh..  I go to bed looking forward to them. 
And now my cat, Grey, joins me. She started out as a stray kitten but has grown into a wonderful pet. 










My dogs have started going with me on my morning walks. We all need the exercise these days, to help take off some added pounds. 
Slowly but surely. A little bit at at a time. Changing habits until they stick. 
šŸ’›








Instead of painting I quilted this week.  I so enjoy hand sewing, the slow stitching, one at a time rhythm and the satisfaction of seeing progress.  And when you are finished you have something not only beautiful but practical. Made by you. 

šŸ’›šŸ’›šŸ’›

watching: back to back episodes of Building Off the Grid 

 marveling: at a tiny baby praying mantis, as he turned his head and looked at me when I talked 

eating: ripe sweet juicy cantaloupe 

wishing: I had been as brave as these girls when i was young




No comments:

Post a Comment